This list of summer sustainability recommendations comes from Dr. LuAnne Roth, who serves as the education coordinator for Mizzou Advantage, which has sustainability initiatives including one called “Food for the Future.” She says she has been gathering book recommendations in hopes of someday having a Mizzou Advantage component of Mizzou Reads. Of course, it’s not too early to start in on some of these food and community-centered titles.
- The Unsettling of America by Wendell Berry
- Hot, Flat, Crowded by Thomas Friedman
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared M. Diamond
- Moo by Jane Smiley
- Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
- [added] Solar by Ian McEwan