Necessity: Do something with the extra dill I had left over from pickling.
Necessity: Make something without turning on the stove. It’s hot!
And with that, my innovation was born!
Ok, so cucumber dill dip isn’t a novel idea, but it is especially appropriate for these humid summer months when cucumbers and dill are coming out every gardener’s ears, and all you want for snacking is something crisp and refreshing. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 16 oz. sour cream (I recommend regular sour cream; low-fat makes it more watery and doesn’t have the richness to counterbalance the other ingredients.)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/3 cup of dill weed, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or don’t, whatever)
- Plain Greek yogurt (optional; for thicker dip)
What To Do:
- Mix it up and enjoy the dip atop crackers, pita chips, carrots, peppers and whatever else you want!